Retaining Walls in San Marcos
CLC Landscaping, LLC is known in the local community for our expertise in retaining wall design and installation. We source top-grade construction materials to engineer long-lasting walls that are as functional as they are beautiful.
Enhance your landscape with a custom retaining wall. Contact our hardscaping professionals at (830) 515-2002 to get started.
Build Your Custom Retaining Wall
Our clients come to us for custom retaining walls for a diverse range of applications. Commonly used as a statement piece to enhance curb appeal, retaining walls offer so much more than mere visual appeal.
- Prevent soil erosion
- Provide flood control
- Create usable, flat space on your property
- Increase property value
Add aesthetic appeal to your lawn and flower beds and reap a host of practical benefits at the same time. Thanks to our impressive material selection, we can create a rainbow of different styles and looks with walls made of stone, concrete, or even wood.
Discover what we can do for your property. Get in touch with our staff today to book a consultation.
Consult with a Hardscaping Contractor
Request a No-Obligation Quote
We love working collaboratively with our clients to design retaining walls tailor-made to their unique needs, budget, and preferences. That's why we're pleased to offer no-obligation consultations. If you're considering adding a retaining wall to your lawn, we invite you to discuss your project ideas with a certified hardscaping professional, at no obligation to you.
Our contractors will meet with you on-site and chat with you about the construction codes and regulations applicable to your situation. We're also well-versed in the cost-benefit of all sorts of products. Allow us to walk you through your different building material options and help you choose the best-value option.
We can provide detailed information about:
- Natural stones
- Precast stones
- Treated timber
- Concrete blocks
- Poured concrete
From there, we'll take detailed measurements of your lawn so that we can crunch the numbers and put together an accurate cost estimate and timeline of the project. We'll walk you through everything you need to know before you commit to a contract.
Diligent Retaining Wall Installation
Each of our retaining walls is a labor of love. We refuse to deliver anything, but top-notch hardscapes built with technical precision and artistic craftsmanship. How do we do it? Our secret is our process. Our tried and true installation process assures the structural integrity and lasting performance of our creations.
We pay attention to the little things. We take care to execute every task, minor and major, with care and attention: we compact our trenches, we sweep each stone—we take pride in the small stuff. We do the job right the first time.
By the way, our attention to detail doesn't stop at our installation process. You can count on our contracting crew to maintain a clean and safe work site from start to finish. Upon project completion, we'll haul away and dispose of all the residual dirt and debris. We'll treat your property with the respect it deserves.
Get a Long Lasting Retaining Walls for Your San Marcos Property
Do you need a retaining wall? If you're trying to protect against erosion, you probably do. CLC Landscaping, LLC enjoys providing clients with beautifully built walls that will last for years to come. We have many options available to our clients to cater to everyone's unique taste. To learn more about what we do, look below.
Are Retaining Walls Necessary?
A retaining wall may be necessary depending on your home and yard. Generally, homes on steep inclined or with multi-level landscaping features will need a wall to protect against soil erosion. Think back over the last few months. Have you noticed excess damage or soil loss after a heavy rain? If so, you might be a great candidate for a retaining wall. If you still aren't sure, feel free to call us so we can come take a quick look.
Are There Different Wall Types Available?
For your retaining wall, you'll have to main options. However, your landscape design might require one or the other:
- Reinforced: These models require extra support to bear the full load of the soil behind it. For some wall options, we can use a special mesh called geogrid, which is simply laid during the wall installation process. Larger soil loads may require more support.
- Gravity: These walls rely simply on their own gravity to first the forces of erosion. Using its own weight, the wall will remain sturdy and push back against the soil pressure behind it.
Can You Choose the Materials for the Retaining Wall?
Of course, you can choose the material that fits best within your design and budget. You have the option of wood grains and stones, but each has its own pros and cons:
- Wood: This is your cheapest option and wood grains have wide variety. The natural look fits well in many outdoor settings. However, wood has a short life expectancy, especially with exposure to the elements. You may have to perform a high level of maintenance.
- Segmented Retaining Walls: Also known as SRW, these walls use cement blocks design to fit together. They are particularly suited to gravity walls, but they can be used for heavier loads with the help of geogrid.
- Mortared: As the name suggests, the materials are fused together to create an incredibly sturdy structure that is highly resistant to environmental damage.
Will Retaining Wall Construction Be Affordable?
We only give fair prices and we also do a thorough consultation before the start of every project. Before we begin, we will gather the following information:
- The height, width and length of the intended wall
- The surrounding soil type
- The approximate amount of pressure on the wall
- The general slope of the yard
Reach Out to Us Today
Are you ready to start your retaining wall project? Give us a call today and one of our professional team members will be happy to answer any questions you might have. If you fill out our quick contact form, we'll get back to you with more information as soon as possible. When you're ready, we'll schedule your consultation for a time that works for you.